Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The Typoscope (1897), Papers by Charles F. Prentice.The Keystone Publishing Company, New York, NY1907
- Telescopic spectacles and magnifiers as aids to poor vision.Annu Oftalmol Clin Oculist. 1910; 12: 1587-1610
- Introduction to the principles and practice of sub-normal vision correction.J Am Optom Assoc. 1935; 6: 3-18
- A history of the field of vision rehabilitation from the perspective of low vision.in: Silverstone B Lang MA Rosenthal B.P. Faye EE The Lighthouse Handbook on Vision Impairment and Vision Rehabilitation. Oxford University Press, New York, NY2000: 675-715
- Comprehensive vision rehabilitation, letter to the editor.Can J Ophthalmol. 2015; 50: 88-89
www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3& ved=0ahUKEwjmj-qunrbKAhUhk4MKHamRACcQFggoMAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnib.ca%2Feng%2Fcnib%2520document%2520library%2Fresearch%2Fcovl_full_report.doc&usg=AF QjCNHSbbt_wokWogw7rE1ExK5GCe8FxQ. Accessed January 19, 2016.
- Eye care for the future; the Weisenfeld lecture.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2003; 44: 1413-1418
Access Economics, prepared for AMD Alliance International. Visual impairment imposes a massive burden on health care systems and economies worldwide. April 16, 2010. www.businesswire.com/news/home/20100416005070/en/AMD-Alliance-International-First-Ever- Estimates-Global-Cost. Accessed January 19, 2016
Wittenborn JS, Rein DB. Cost of vision problems: the economic burden of vision loss and eye disorders in the United States. NORC at the University of Chicago. Prepared for Prevent Blindness America, Chicago, IL, 2013. http://costofvision.preventblindness.org Accessed January 19, 2016
- The cost of vision loss in Canada. 2. Results.Can J Ophthalmol. 2011; 46: 315-318
American Academy of Ophthalmology. Academy notebook, Feb 2006. www.aao.org/aao/news/eyenet/200602/notebook.cfm.
- Ontario recognizes low vision rehabilitation, editorial.Can J Ophthalmol. 2008; 43: 1-2
- A practice template for low vision rehabilitation.Can J Ophthalmol. 2009; 44: 610
American Academy of Ophthalmology. http://one.aao.org/smart-sight-low-vision.
- Principles of modern low vision rehabilitation.Can J Ophthalmol. 2006; 41: 289-312
LV Prasad Eye Institute. www.lvpei.org.
Low Vision: The Reference (LVTR). www.lvtr.info.
- Assessment of functional vision and its rehabilitation.Acta Ophthalmol. 2010; 88: 163-173
- The Berkeley Rudimentary Vision Test.Optom Vis Sci. 2012; 89: 1257-1264
- Vision loss in AMD: an optimal way to measure what remains.IOVS. 2007; 48: 4838-4845
- Psychophysics of reading—II. Low vision.Vis Res. 1985; 25: 253-265
Hyvarinen L. Understanding paediatric low vision. In: Vision Rehabilitation. Stuen C, Arditi A, Horowitz A, Lang MA, Rosenthal B, Seidman K. (eds). Vision Rehabilitation. 2000
- How effective is low vision service provision? A systematic review.Survey Ophthalmol. 2012; 57: 34-65
- Outcomes of the veterans affairs low vision intervention trial (LOVIT).Arch Ophthalmol. 2008; 126: 608-617
- Preferred retinal loci relationship to macular scotomas in a low-vision population.Ophthalmology. 1997; 104: 632-638
- Reorganization of visual processing is related to eccentric viewing in patients with macular degeneration.Restorative Neurol Neurosci. 2008; 26: 391-402
- Perceptual relearning of complex visual motion after V1 damage in humans.J Neurosci. 2009; 29: 3981-3991
- Ranibizumab for neovascular age-related macular degeneration.N Engl J Med. 2006; 355: 1419-1431
- Anchor Study, group ranibizumab versus verteporfin photodynamic therapy for neovascular age-related macular degeneration: two-year results of the ANCHOR study.Ophthalmology. 2009; 116: 57-65
- Time trends in the incidence and causes of blindness in Israel.Am J Ophthalmol. 2012; 153: 214-221
- Incidence of legal blindness from age-related macular degeneration in Denmark year 2000 to 2010.Am J Ophthalmol. 2012; 153: 209-213
- Human RPE65 gene therapy for Leber congenital amaurosis: persistence of early visual improvements and safety at 1 year.Hum Gene Ther. 2009; 20: 999-1004
- The IOL-VIP system, a double intraocular lens implant for visual rehabilitation of patients with macular disease.Ophthalmology. 2007; 114: 860-865
- IOL design for the 21st century: the IOL platform.(September 13–17) XXVI Congress of the ESCRS, Berlin, Germany2008
- Violet and blue light blocking intraocular lenses: photoprotection versus photoreception.Br J Ophthalmol. 2006; 90: 784-792
- A work out for hemianopia, editorial.Br J Ophthalmol. 2005; 89: 2
- Treating hemianopsia using prisms to create peripheral diplopia.J Rev Optom. 1998; 113: 33-37
- Reading rehabilitation of individuals with AMD: relative effectiveness of treating approaches.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011; 52: 2938-2944
- The use of prisms for vision rehabilitation after macular function loss: an evidence-based review.Acta Ophthalmol. 2013; 91: 207-211
- Safety and efficacy of an intraocular Fresnel prism intraocular lens in patients with advanced macular disease: initial clinical experience.Cataract Refract Surg. 2014; 40: 1085-1091
- Pasticity of fixation in patients with central vision loss.Vis Neurosci. 2009; 26: 487-494
- Use of prisms for vision rehabilitation after macular loss may impact oculomotor control.CJO. 2013; 48: 427-430
- Interim results from the international trial of second sight’s visual prosthesis.Ophthalmology. 2012; 19: 779-788
- Anonymous indoor navigation system on handheld mobile devices for the visually impaired.Int J Wireless Info Networks. 2012; 19: 352-367
Presented at the De Markgrave Conference on Low Vision Rehabilitation in Antwerp, Belgium, October 9, 2014, in the presence of Her Majesty Queen Mathilde of Belgium.