Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Frank JR, ed. The CanMEDS 2005 physician competency framework. Better standards. Better physicians. Better care. The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada; 2005. Available from: rcpsc.medical.org/canmeds/index.php. Accessed 2015 Nov 5.
- Structured journal club as a tool to teach and assess resident competence in practice-based learning and improvement.Ophthalmology. 2006; 11: 497-500
- Implementing a successful journal club in an anesthesiology residency program.F1000Res. 2013; 2: 15
- The journal club and medical education: over one hundred years of unrecorded history.Postgrad Med J. 1987; 63: 475-478
- Journal clubs. Prevalence, format and efficacy in PM&R.A J Phys Med Rehabil. 1995; 74: 224-229
- Journal clubs in family practice residency programs in the southeast.South Med J. 1991; 84: 483-487
- How are internal medicine residency journal clubs organized, and what makes them successful?.Arch Intern Med. 1995; 155: 1193-1197
- The role of journal club in neurosurgical training.Neurosurgery. 2007; 61: 397-403
- Surgical journal clubs: a bridge connecting experiential learning theory to clinical practice.J Am Coll Surg. 2007; 204: 158-163
- Teaching evidence-based medicine to surgery residents–is journal club the best format? A systematic review of the literature.J Surg Educ. 2012; 69: 91-100
- The role of journal clubs in orthopaedic surgery residency programs.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2000; 373: 304-310
- Designing, conducting and evaluating journal clubs in orthopaedic surgery.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2003; 413: 146-157
- Using the journal club to teach and assess competence in practice-based learning and improvement: a literature review and recommendation for implementation.Surv Ophthalmol. 2005; 50: 542-547
- The role of the journal club in surgical residency programs: a survey of APDS program directors.Curr Surg. 2001; 58: 101-104
- The journal club and its role in hand surgery education.J Hand Surg. 1998; 23: 972-976
- Format of an obstetrics and gynecology journal club and four years’ experience.Am J Obstet Gyencol. 1989; 160: 313-316
- Using the American Journal of Ophthalmology’s website for assessing residency subcompetencies in practice-based learning.Am J Ophthalmol. 2004; 137: 206-207
- How to make journal clubs interesting.Adv Psychiatr Treat. 2004; 10: 67-72
Taylor P, Warner J. National survey of training needs for evidence-based practices. Psychiatr Bull R Coll Psychiatr. 200;24:272–3.
- A review of journal clubs in postgraduate medical education.J Gen Intern Med. 1998; 13: 347-353
- Organizing a successful journal club.BMJ. 2002; 325: s137-s138
- Interactions between physicians and the pharmaceutical industry: what does the literature say?.CMAJ. 1993; 149: 1401-1407
- New developments in managing physician-industry relationships.JAMA. 2008; 300: 1067-1069
- Industry support of medical education.JAMA. 2008; 300: 1071-1073
Canadian Medical Association. Guidelines for physicians in interactions with industry. 2007. Available from: policybase.cma.ca/dbtw-wpd/Policypdf/PD08-01.pdf. Accessed 2015 Nov 6.
- Canadian ophthalmology residency training: an evaluation of resident satisfaction and comparison with international standards.Can J Ophthalmol. 2009; 44: 540-547
- Implementation of competency-based medical education: are we addressing the challenges?.Med Educ. 2015; 49: 1086-1102
- Competency-based medical education in postgraduate medical education.Med Teach. 2010; 32: 651-656
- Competency-based training for physicians: are we doing no harm?.CMAJ. 2015; 187: E128-E129
- Presenting at journal club: a guide.Ann Emerg Med. 2004; 44: 169-174
- Impact of a medical journal club on house-staff reading habits, knowledge, and critical appraisal skills: a randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 1988; 260: 2537-2541
- A comparison of two formats for teaching critical reading skills in a medical journal club.J Med Educ. 1987; 62: 690-692
- Teaching residents to read the medical literature: a controlled clinical trial of a curriculum in critical appraisal/clinical edidemiology.J Gen Intern Med. 1989; 4: 384-387
- The effectiveness of a clinically integrated e-learning course in evidence-based medicine: a cluster randomized controlled trial.BMC Med Educ. 2009; 9: 21
- Being CLEAR: evaluation of a module to teach critical appraisal to surgeons.ANZ J Surg. 2004; 74: 69-70