Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Guidelines on limits of exposure to ultraviolet radiation of wavelengths between 180 nm and 400 nm (incoherent optical radiation).Health Phys. 2004; 87: 171-186
- Ultraviolet damage to the eye revisited: eye-sun protection factor (E-SPF®), a new ultraviolet protection label for eyewear.Clin Ophthalmol. 2014; 8: 87-104
- Geometrical assessment of ocular exposure to environmental UV radiation—implications for ophthalmic epidemiology.J Epidemiol. 1999; 9: S22-S32
- Light-emitting diodes (LED) for domestic lighting: any risks for the eye?.Prog Retin Eye Res. 2011; 30: 239-257
- How light reaches the eye and its components.Int J Toxicol. 2002; 21: 501-509
- Solar ultraviolet irradiation of human cornea, lens, and retina: equations of ocular irradiation.Appl Opt. 1986; 25: 359-368
- Photokeratitis and other phototoxic effects on the cornea and conjunctiva.Int J Toxicol. 2002; 21: 455-464
- Ultraviolet radiation and the eye.Int Ophthalmol Clin. 2005; 45: 1-17
- Climatic droplet keratopathy.Surv Ophthalmol. 1992; 36: 241-253
- Chronic actinic keratopathy—a condition associated with conjunctival elastosis (pingueculae) and typified by characteristic extracellular concretions.Am J Pathol. 1972; 67: 327-348
- Ocular surface squamous neoplasia: evidence for topical chemotherapy.Int Ophthalmol Clin. 2015; 55: 9-21
- Sunlight and cataract: an epidemiologic investigation.Am J Epidemiol. 1977; 105: 450-459
- The environment and the lens.Br J Ophthalmol. 1980; 64: 303-310
- Cataract—the ultraviolet risk factor.Lancet. 1981; 2: 1249-1250
- Ultraviolet light exposure and lens opacities: the Beaver Dam Eye Study.Am J Public Health. 1992; 82: 1658-1662
- Sunlight exposure and risk of lens opacities in a population-based study: the Salisbury Eye Evaluation project.J Am Med Assoc. 1998; 280: 714-718
- Light exposure and the risk of cortical, nuclear, and posterior subcapsular cataracts: the Pathologies Oculaires Liées à l’Age (POLA) study.Arch Ophthalmol. 2000; 118: 385-392
- Sun exposure predicts risk of ocular melanoma in Australia.Int J Cancer. 2001; 101: 175-182
- Host factors, UV radiation, and risk of uveal melanoma. A case–control study.Arch Ophthalmol. 1990; 108: 1274-1280
- Ultraviolet light exposure as a risk factor for ocular melanoma in Queensland, Australia.Ophthalmic Epidemiol. 2000; 7: 159-167
- Occupational risk factors, ultraviolet radiation, and ocular melanoma: a case–control study in France.Cancer Causes Control. 2001; 12: 451-459
- Intermittent and chronic ultraviolet light exposure and uveal melanoma: a meta-analysis.Ophthalmology. 2005; 112: 1599-1607
- Sunlight and the 10-year incidence of age-related maculopathy: the Beaver Dam Eye Study.Arch Ophthalmol. 2004; 122: 750-757
- The long-term effects of visible light on the eye.Arch Ophthalmol. 1992; 110: 99-104
- The relationship of ocular factors to the incidence and progression of age related maculopathy.Arch Ophthalmol. 1998; 116: 506-513
- Australia has more than enough solar UV radiation.Clin Exp Optom. 2003; 86: 71-73
- Eye lesions produced by light rich in ultraviolet rays: senile cataract senile degeneration of the macula.Am J Ophthalmol. 1920; 3: 178-194
- Ocular phototoxicity.J Photochem Photobiol B Biol. 2001; 64: 136-143
- Possible mechanisms of photoreceptor damage by light in mammalian eyes.Vision Res. 1980; 20: 1163-1171
- Blue light induced A2E oxidation in rat eyes—Experimental animal model of dry AMD.Photochem Photobiol Sci. 2010; 9: 1505-1512
- Lipofuscin is a photoinducible free radical generator.J Photochem Photobiol B. 1993; 19: 201-204
- The lipofuscin fluorophore A2E mediates blue light induced damage to retinal pigmented epithelial cells.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2000; 41: 1981-1989
- Involvement of oxidative mechanisms in blue-light induced damage to A2E-laden RPE.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2002; 43: 1222-1227
- Comparison of the aerobic photoreactivity of A2E with its precursor retinal.Photochem Photobiol. 2003; 77: 253-258
- Blue light-induced reactivity of retinal age pigment. In vitro generation of oxygen-reactive species.J Biol Chem. 1995; 270: 18825-18830
- Photocytotoxicity of lipofuscin in human retinal pigment epithelial cells.Free Radic Biol Med. 2001; 31: 256-265
- Senile macular degeneration: a case–control study.Am J Epidemiol. 1983; 118: 213-227
- Risk factors for neovascular age-related macular degeneration. The Eye Disease Case–Control Study Group.Arch Ophthalmol. 1992; 110: 1701-1708
- Exposure to sunlight and other risk factors for age-related macular degeneration.Arch Ophthalmol. 1989; 107: 875-879
Health Canada. Sunglasses. Available at: http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hl-vs/iyh-vsv/prod/glasses-lunettes-eng.php. Accessed April 10, 2015.
American National Standards. Nonprescription sunglass and fashion eyewear requirements. Available at: http://webstore.ansi.org/RecordDetail.aspx?sku=ANSI+Z80.3-2015&source=blog. Accessed April 25, 2016.
- Australian/New Zealand Standard. Eye and face protection-Sunglasses and fashion spectacles–Part 1: Requirements. Available at: https://shop.standards.govt.nz/catalog/1067.1:2016(AS|NZS)/scope? Accessed April 25, 2017.
EU Sunglasses Standard–Transition Period Extended for EN ISO 12312–1 Amended. Available at: https://www.iso.org/standard/51351.html/. Accessed April 10, 2015.