Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The Settlement of Refugees in Britain.HMSO, London1995
- Refugee Health and General Practice.Melbourne Printing Professionals, Melbourne1998
- Ocular morbidity among refugees in southwest Ethiopia.Ethiop J Health Sci. 2014; 24: 227-234
- Vision impairment and ocular morbidity in a refugee population in Malawi.Optom Vis Sci. 2016; 93: 188-193
- Prevalence of vision impairment and eye diseases in Afghan refugees in Pakistan.East Mediterr Health J. 1998; 4
- Diabetic retinopathy and socioeconomic deprivation in Gloucestershire.J Med Screen. 2008; 15: 118-121
- The effect of socio-economic deprivation on severity of glaucoma at presentation.Br J Ophthalmol. 2010; 94: 85-87
- A Canadian population-based study of vision problems: assessing the significance of socioeconomic status.Can J Ophthalmol. 2010; 45: 477-483
- Access to vision care in an urban low-income multiethnic population.Ophthalmic Epidemiol. 2005; 12: 1-12
- Unmet eye care needs among a homeless youth population.Can J Ophthalmol. 2016; 51 (180–18)
- The prevalence of low vision and blindness in a Canadian inner city.Eye. 2007; 21: 528-533
- Visual impairment and unmet eye care needs among homeless adults in a Canadian city.JAMA Ophthalmol. 2015; 133: 455-460
- Burden of vision impairment and chronic diseases.JAMA Ophthalmol. 2016; 134: 778-784
Government of Canada (2017, February 27). #WelcomeRefugees: Key figures. Retrieved February 4, 2018, from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/welcome-syrian-refugees/key-figures.html.
Government of Canada (n.d). Syrian Refugees – Monthly IRCC Updates. Retrieved February 4, 2018, from https://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/01c85d28-2a81-4295-9c06-4af792a7c209, Canada—Admissions of Syrian Refugees by Province/Territory and Census Metropolitan Area (CMA) of Intended Destination and Immigration Category.
- Identifying gaps in health research among refugees resettled in Canada.Int Migr. 2012; 53: 204-225
- Eye care utilization in Canada: disparity in the publicly funded health care system.Can J Ophthalmol. 2011; 46: 133-138
Statistics Canada. Canadian Community Health Survey, Cycle 1.1, 2000–2001 [computer file]. Rev. ed. August 2003. Ottawa, Ont.
- Visual health and visual healthcare access in refugees and displaced persons: a systematic review.J Immigr Minor Health. 2019; 21: 161-174
- Effectiveness of a pinhole method for visual acuity screening.Arch Ophthalmol. 1985; 103: 222-223
- Epidemiological patterns of ocular trauma.Aust N Z J Ophthalmol. 1992; 20: 95-98
- Retinitis pigmentosa.Orphanet J Rare Diseases. 2006; 1: 40
- The effect of the conflict on Syria's health system and human resources for health.World Health Popul. 2015; 16: 87-95
- Health care in Syria before and during the crisis.Avicenna J Med. 2012; 2: 51
- The challenge of providing spectacles in the developing world.Commun Eye Health. 2000; 13: 9-10
- Stigma and blindness.J Ophthalmic Nurs Technol. 1991; 10: 147-152