Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology
- Symptoms of musculoskeletal disorders in ophthalmologists.Am J Ophthalmol. 2005; 139: 179-181
- National survey of back and neck pain amongst consultant ophthalmologists in the United Kingdom.Int Ophthalmol. 2015; 35: 769-775
- Back pain in ophthalmology: national survey of Indian ophthalmologists.Indian J Ophthalmol. 2017; 65: 678-682
- Ergonomic practices and musculoskeletal disorders among ophthalmologists in India: an online appraisal.Eur J Ophthalmol. 2018; 30: 196-200
- Survey of occupational musculoskeletal pain and injury in Canadian ophthalmology.Can J Ophthalmol. 2018; 54: 314-322
- The scope of three-dimensional digital visualization systems in vitreoretinal surgery.Clin Ophthalmol. 2019; 13: 2093-2096
- Heads-up surgery for vitreoretinal procedures: an experimental and clinical study.Retina. 2016; 36: 137-147
- Experience using a 3D head-mounted display system in ophthalmic surgery.Retina. 2017; 37: 1419-1421
- Back pain in ophthalmologists.Eye (Lond). 1994; 8: 473-474
Bernard BP (ed). Musculoskeletal disorders and workplace factors. A critical review of epidemiologic evidence for work-related musculoskeletal disorders of the neck, upper extremity, and low back. Cincinnati: DHHS (NIOSH) Publication Number 97-141. July 1997. www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/97-141/default.html (accessed December 27, 2019).
- A survey study of musculoskeletal disorders among eye care physicians compared with family medicine physicians.Ophthalmology. 2012; 119: 213-220
- Ergonomics and work-related musculoskeletaldisorders in ophthalmic practice.Imam J Appl Sci. 2016; 1: 48-63
Roach L. Practice perfect: business operations & finance. Ergonomics, part one: is the job you love a pain in the neck? EyeNet Magazine, September 2009:49–50. www.aao.org/eyenet/article/ergonomics-part-one-is-job-you-love-pain-in-neck (accessed December 27, 2019).
Jordan L. Ergonomics: how not to sacrifice your body. Rev Ophthalmol. October 14, 2018. www.reviewofophthalmology.com/article/ergonomics-how-not-to-sacrifice-your-body (accessed December 27, 2019).
Roach L. Practice perfect: business operations & finance. Seven risk factors for injury, and seven solutions. Ergonomics, part two. EyeNet Magazine, September 2009:45–6. www.aao.org/eyenet/article/ergonomics-part-two-seven-risk-factors-seven-solut (accessed December 27, 2019).
- The state of ergonomics for mobile computing technology.Work. 2015; 52: 269-277
UCLA Health. Ergonomic tips for the use of hand-held devices. www.uclahealth.org/safety/ergonomics-and-mobile-devices (accessed December 27, 2019).
- Ergonomics for the retinal physician.Retinal Physician. 2019; 16: 26-29
- Physiological and health implications of a sedentary lifestyle.Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2010; 35: 725-740
- American College of Sports Medicine. American College of Sports Medicine position stand. Quantity and quality of exercise for developing and maintaining cardiorespiratory, musculoskeletal, and neuromotor fitness in apparently healthy adults: guidance for prescribing exercises.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2011; 43: 1334-1359
Ratzlaff T, Brissette A. Musculoskeletal disorders in ophthalmologists. http://ophthalmology.queensu.ca/academics/cme/ergonomics (accessed March 18, 2020).
Ratzlaff T, Brissette A. Watch your back (and neck and wrists). CRST Europe: Editorial spotlight 2018. https://crstodayeurope.com/articles/2018-feb/watch-your-back-and-neck-and-wrists/. Accessed March 18, 2020.
- Evaluating the efficacy of an educational ergonomics model for improving slit lamp positioning in ophthalmology residents.Can J Ophthalmol. 2018; 54: 159-163
Kent C. Will ophthalmology cripple you? Rev Ophthalmol. October 4, 2011. www.reviewofophthalmology.com/article/will-ophthalmology-cripple-you (accessed December 27, 2019).
Charles S, Hanovar SG, Hyer JN, Marx JL, Olitsky SE, Singh IP. Ophthalmologists raise awareness of workstyle-related ergonomic problems. Ocular Surgery News US Edition C, 2019. www.healio.com/ophthalmology/practice-management/news/print/ocular-surgery-news/%7B23fd29bf-0c84-451a-8500-9122c6bd5656%7D/ophthalmologists-raise-awareness-of-workstyle-related-ergonomic-problems?page=7 (accessed December 27, 2019).
Dollin M, Garg SJ, Mehta S, Spirn M. Ergonomics and retina. Retina Today, May/June 2014. http://retinatoday.com/2014/06/ergonomics-and-retina (accessed December 27, 2019).
- Ergonomics for ophthalmologists at home and in practice.Audio Digest Ophthalmology. 2014; 52 (www.audio-digest.org/Courses/Ergonomics-for-Ophthalmologists-at-Home-and-in-Practice/3594 (accessed December 27, 2019))
Daly R. Prioritizing ergonomics in the OR. EyeWorld, 2018. www.eyeworld.org/prioritizing-ergonomics-or (accessed December 27, 2019).