Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Mcgran K.Place in trivia history awaits NHL's last visor-less player. http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2013/06/05/place_in_trivia_history_awaits_nhls_last_visorless_player.html; 2013 (accessed 15 May 2020).
- The financial toll of career-ending concussions in professional hockey.Concussion. 2016; 1: CNC20
- Impact of visors on eye and orbital injuries in the National Hockey League.Can J Opthalmol. 2014; 49: 243-248
- Is it cost-effective to require recreational ice hockey players to wear face protection?.South Med J. 2008; 101: 991-995
ODPHP. Simple steps to prevent eye injuries in sports – news & events. https://health.gov/news-archive/blog/2014/10/simple-steps-to-prevent-eye-injuries-in-sports/index.html; 2018(accessed 13 May 2020).
- Ocular injuries from violence treated at an inner city hospital.J Trauma. 1994; 37: 5-8
- Eye injuries in Victoria, Australia.Med J Austral. 1995; 162: 64-68
- The effect of visors on head and facial injury in National Hockey League players.J Sci Med Sport. 2006; 9: 238-242
Pro Sports Transactions Archive. https://www.prosportstransactions.com/ (accessed May 5, 2020).
TSN. NHL National Hockey League teams, score, stats, news, standings, rumours. https://www.tsn.ca/nhl; 2020 (accessed 8 May 2020).
- Characterizing craniomaxillofacial injuries in American professional sports leagues.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2020; 78: 588-593
- “Let ’em Play”: a study in the jurisprudence of sport.Faculty Scholarship Penn Law. 2011; 1465: 1335-1336
NHL. 2017-18 NHL rule changes. https://media.nhl.com/site/asset/public/ext/2017-18/Season-Opening%20Package/RuleChanges.pdf; 2018 (accessed 13 May 2020).
Proteau A.Visor usage in NHL levels off. https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/visor-usage-in-nhl-levels-off; 2010 (accessed 15 May 2020).
- Hockey and philosophy.University of Ottawa Press, Ottawa2015
- Only a few NHLers play without a visor.Sports Illustrated. October 7, 2017; (accessed 5 May 2020)
- Ice Hockey: Science on Ice.Lucent Press, New York2018
- Fundamentals of Sports Injury Management.Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia2003
- Sports related ocular injuries.Med J Armed Forces India. 2012; 68: 260-266
Simon. Why NHL players don't wear cages? (Real Reason) – BS Hockey. https://bshockey.com/can-nhl-players-wear-cages/; 2020 (accessed 10 May 2020).
- Head and neck injuries among ice hockey players wearing full face shields vs half face shields.JAMA. 1999; 282: 2328-2332
- Head, face, and eye injuries in collegiate women's field hockey.Am J Sports Med. 2015; 43: 2027-2034
- Eye protection and risk of eye injuries in high school field hockey.Pediatrics. 2015; 136: 521-527
- Injuries in world junior ice hockey championships between 2006 and 2015.Br J Sports Med. 2017; 51: 36-43
- Injuries in women's international ice hockey: an 8-year study of the world championship tournaments and Olympic winter games.Br J Sports Med. 2016; 50: 1406-1412
- Injuries in men's international ice hockey: a 7-year study of the International Ice Hockey Federation Adult World Championship tournaments and Olympic winter games.Br J Sports Med. 2015; 49: 30-36
- Ocular and facial injuries sustained by goaltenders in the National Hockey League: a preventable problem.Can J Opthalmol. 2020; 55: 68-70
- Visor use among National Hockey League players and its relationship to on-ice performance.Inj Prev. 2016; 22: 392-395
- Factors influencing visor use among players in the National Hockey League (NHL).Open Access J Sports Med. 2014; 5: 43-46