Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Homelessness, Health, and Human Needs: Summary and Recommendations (1988). Consensus Study Report. www.nap.edu/catalog/18877/homelessness-health-and-human-needs-summary-and-recommendations. (accessed June 11, 2020).
Kothari M. Economic, social and cultural rights: report of the special rapporteur on adequate housing as a component of the right to an adequate standard of living. 2005.
The State of Homelessness in Canada 2016. The Homeless Hub. n.d. www.homelesshub.ca/SOHC2016 (accessed June 11, 2020).
AHAR Reports - HUD Exchange. n.d. www.hudexchange.info/homelessness-assistance/ahar/#2019-reports (accessed June 11, 2020).
Serme-Morin C. The state of emergency shelters in Europe. n.d.:18.
The Social Determinants of Health: Homelessness and Unemployment. America's Essential Hospitals. n.d. https://essentialhospitals.org/quality/the-social-determinants-of-health-homelessness-and-unemployment/ (accessed June 11, 2020).
What are the social determinants of health? Canadian Public Health Association. n.d. www.cpha.ca/what-are-social-determinants-health (accessed June 13, 2020).
Canada PHA social determinants of health and health inequalities. AEM 2001. www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/health-promotion/population-health/what-determines-health.html (accessed June 13, 2020).
WHO. About social determinants of health. n.d. www.who.int/social_determinants/sdh_definition/en/ (accessed June 13, 2020).
- Tackling health disparities for people who are homeless? Start with social determinants.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017; 14: 1535
- Homelessness and health.CMAJ. 2001; 164: 229
- Is homelessness a risk factor for eye disease? Results of a German screening study.Ophthalmologica. 2005; 219: 345-349
- Visual impairment and unmet eye care needs among homeless adults in a canadian city.JAMA Ophthalmol. 2015; 133: 455-460
- Socioeconomic status and visual impairment among urban Americans.Arch Ophthalmol. 1991; 109: 637
- Assessing risk of bias in prevalence studies: modification of an existing tool and evidence of interrater agreement.J Clin Epidemiol. 2012; 65: 934-939
- The prevalence of low vision and blindness in a Canadian inner city.Eye. 2007; 21: 528-533
- Correctable visual impairment and its impact on quality of life in a marginalized Canadian neighbourhood.Can J Ophthalmol. 2009; 44: 42-48
- Unmet eye care needs among a homeless youth population.Can J Ophthalmol. 2016; 51: 180-184
- Prevalence and impact of eye disease in an urban homeless and marginally housed population.Can J Ophthalmol. 2020; 55: 76-81
- East London's homeless: a retrospective review of an eye clinic for homeless people healthcare needs and demand.BMC Health Serv Res. 2016; 16: 54
- Identifying the ophthalmic needs of families living in Toronto shelters.Can J Ophthalmol. 2018; 53: 447-452
- Visual impairment and ocular pathology among the Urban American homeless.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2019; 30: 940-950
- Ocular telehealth screenings in an urban community.Telemed e-Health. 2012; 18: 95-100
- The behavioral model for vulnerable populations: application to medical care use and outcomes for homeless people.Health Serv Res. 2000; 34: 1273-1302
- The unmet health care needs of homeless adults: a national study.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 1326-1333
- Comparison of health status of children using a school-based health center for comprehensive care.J Pediatr Health Care. 2001; 15: 244-250
- Geriatric conditions in a population-based sample of older homeless adults.Gerontologist. 2017; 57: 757-766
- Disease pattern and social needs of street people in the race course area of Kano, Nigeria.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2013; 24: 97-105
- The visual acuity and social issues of the homeless population in Toronto.Univ Tor Med J. 2003; 80: 84-86
- Mobile eye screenings for Hawaii's homeless: results and applications.OPTO. 2010; : 73-77
- Vision problems in homeless children.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2015; 26: 761-770
- The state of ocular health among London's homeless population.Eye. 2017; 31: 632-635
- Health, homelessness, and poverty. A study of clinic users.Arch Intern Med. 1990; 150: 2325-2330
- A survey of the health of homeless children in Philadelphia shelters.Am J Dis Child. 1991; 145: 520-526
- Children in homeless families in Melbourne: health status and use of health services.Med J Aust. 1996; 165: 630-633
- Homeless families and their children's health problems. A Utah urban experience.West J Med. 1993; 158: 30-35
- Ocular morbidity among street children in Kathmandu Valley.Ophthalmic Epidemiol. 2014; 21: 356-361
WHO. Global data on visual impairment. n.d. www.who.int/blindness/publications/globaldata/en/ (accessed July 1, 2020).
- Global magnitude of visual impairment caused by uncorrected refractive errors in 2004.Bull World Health Organ. 2008; 86: 63-70
- Global cost of correcting vision impairment from uncorrected refractive error.Bull World Health Organ. 2012; 90: 728-738
- Number of people blind or visually impaired by cataract worldwide and in world regions, 1990 to 2010.Investig Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2015; 56: 6762-6769
- Global prevalence and causes of visual impairment with special reference to the general population of Saudi Arabia.Pakistan J Med Sci. 2018; 34: 751-756
- Social inequalities in blindness and visual impairment: a review of social determinants.Indian J Ophthalmol. 2012; 60: 368
Global Views on Healthcare in 2018. IPSOS. n.d. www.ipsos.com/en-be/global-views-healthcare (accessed June 23, 2020).
- Risk factors for diabetic retinopathy among homeless veterans.Psychol Serv. 2017; 14: 221
- Barriers to eye care among participants of a mobile eye clinic.Cogent Med. 2019; 61650693