Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. Changes to OHIP Coverage for Eye Care Services. Available at www.familyoptometryptbo.ca/librairie/documents/ChangestoOHIPCoverageforEyeCareServices_000.pdf. Accessed Feb. 9, 2021.
Focus on Geography Series, 2011 Census. Province of Ontario. Available at www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2011/as-sa/fogs-spg/Facts-pr-eng.cfm?Lang=eng&GC=35. Accessed Feb. 9, 2021.
Ontario Association of Optometrists. Suggested Schedule of Professional Fees. Effective Jun. 1, 2012.
- Significant disparities in eyeglass insurance coverage in Canada.Can J Ophthalmol. 2018; 53: 260-265
- The frequency and source of prescription eyewear insurance coverage in Ontario: a repeated population-based cross-sectional study using survey data.CMAJ Open. 2021; 9: E224-E232
Manulife Financial. Insurance for Professionals: Valuable Protection Designed for Members of Participating Associations. Totonto, 2021. Available at www1.manulife.com/can/affinity/affinity.nsf/LookupFiles/DownloadableFilepp.ehc.bro/$File/pp_ehc_bro.pdf. Accessed Feb. 9, 2021.
- Visioncare Benefits.Winnipeg, 2021: 2021 (Available at)Accessed Feb. 9)
- Does government assistance improve utilization of eye care services by low-income individuals?.Can J Ophthalmol. 2014; 49: 320-325
- De-insurance in Ontario has reduced use of eye care services by the socially disadvantaged.Can J Ophthalmol. 2012; 47: 203-210
- Delisted routine eye examinations for nonrefractive eye conditions: a comparative analysis.CMAJ Open. 2020; 8: e479-e486
- How are glaucoma patients identified?.J Glaucoma. 2003; 12: 451-455
- Referral source, symptoms, and severity at diagnosis of ocular hypertension or open-angle glaucoma in various practices.Can J Ophthalmol. 2012; 47: 217-222
- Referral patterns to an ophthalmic outpatient clinic by general practitioners and ophthalmic opticians and the role of these professionals in screening for ocular disease.BMJ. 1988; 297: 1162-1167
- A summary of studies on the quality of health care administrative databases in Canada.in: Goel V Williams JI Anderson GM Patterns of Health Care in Ontario: The ICES Practice Atlas. 2nd ed. Canadian Medical Association, Ottawa1996: 339-345 (Available at file:///C:/Users/yapin/Downloads/Full%20report%20(7).pdf. Accessed Feb. 9, 2021)
Goel V, Williams JI, Anderson GM, Blackstien-Hirsch P, Fooks C, Naylor CD.Patterns of Health Care in Ontario, 2nd ed. Available at www.ices.on.ca/Publications/Atlases-and-Reports/1996/Patterns-of-health-care-2nd-ed. Accessed Feb. 9, 2021.
Madore O.The Canada Health Act: Overview and Options. Available at:www.publications.gc.ca/Collection-R/LoPBdP/CIR/944-e.htm. Accessed Jan. 21, 2021.
Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. What OHIP Covers. Available at www.ontario.ca/page/what-ohip-covers#section-5. Accessed Feb. 9, 2021.
- Segmented regression analysis of interrupted time series studies in medication use research.J Clin Pharm Ther. 2002; 27: 299-309
- Use of interrupted time series analysis in evaluating health care quality improvements.Acad Pediatr. 2013; 13: S38-S44
- Interrupted time series regression for the evaluation of public health interventions: a tutorial.Int J Epidemiol. 2017; 46: 348-355
Statistics Canada. Postal Codes Conversion File (PCCF). Reference Guide: October 2010 Postal Codes. Ottawa, 2011. Available at www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/92-153-g/92-153-g2011001-eng.pdf. Accessed Mar. 12, 2021.
Statistics Canada. Rural and Small Town Canada. Ottawa, 2021. Available at www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/21-006-x/21-006-x2001003-eng.pdf. Accessed Feb. 9, 2021.
- The number of people with glaucoma worldwide in 2010 and 2020.Br J Ophthalmol. 2006; 90: 262-267
- Global prevalence of glaucoma and projections of glaucoma burden through 2040: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Ophthalmology. 2014; 121: 2081-2090
- The impact of multimedia education on uptake of comprehensive eye examinations in rural China: a randomized, controlled trial.Ophthalmic Epidemiol. 2015; 22: 283-290
- Screening for diabetic retinopathy with or without a copayment in a randomized controlled trial: influence of the inverse care law.Ophthalmology. 2013; 120: 1247-1253
- The sight test fee: effect on ophthalmology referrals and rate of glaucoma detection.BMJ. 1994; 309: 634-636
- Unintended consequences of delisting routine eye exams on retinopathy screening for people with diabetes in Ontario, Canada.CMAJ. 2013; 185: e167-e173
- Use of health care services by lower-income and higher-income uninsured adults.JAMA. 2006; 295: 2027-2036
- Validation of diagnostic codes within medical services claims.J Clin Epidemiol. 2004; 57: 131-141
- Comparison of newly diagnosed ocular hypertension and open-angle glaucoma: ocular variables, risk factors, and disease severity.J Ophthalmol. 2012; 2012757106
- Socioeconomic status as a risk factor for late presentation of glaucoma in Canada.Can J Ophthalmol. 2013; 48: 83-87
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
The study abstract was presented at the 2020 Annual Meeting of the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) in online format and the Institute of Medical Science (IMS) 2019 Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) in Toronto, Canada.