Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Scleral and corneal burns during phacoemulsification with viscoelastic materials.Health Devices. 1988; 17: 377-379
- Scleral and corneal burns during phacoemulsification.Health Devices. 1996; 25: 426-431
- Ultrasound-induced corneal incision contracture survey in the United States and Canada.J Cataract Refract Surg. 2012; 38: 227-233
- Isometric tensions developed during the hydrothermal swelling of rat skin.Connect Tissue Res. 1980; 7: 127-133
Jensen N, Gensure R, Pettey J. Cataract surgery wound burn, corneal incision contracture [Internet]. Available from:https://morancore.utah.edu/section-11-lens-and-cataract/cataract-surgery-wound-burn-corneal-incision-contracture/ (accessed May 27, 2022, date of publication February 26, 2020).
- Thermal evaluation of two phacoemulsification systems.Can J Ophthalmol. 2016; 51: 14-18
- Thermal effect on corneal incisions with different phacoemulsification ultrasonic tips.J Cataract Refract Surg. 1999; 25: 60-64
- Phacoemulsification conditions resulting in thermal wound injury.J Cataract Refract Surg. 2001; 27: 1829-1839
- In-air thermal imaging comparison of Legacy AdvanTec, Millennium, and Sovereign WhiteStar phacoemulsification systems.J Cataract Refract Surg. 2005; 31: 1640-1647
- Clinical course of phacoemulsification wound burns.J Cataract Refract Surg. 1999; 25: 688-692
- Corneoscleral burn during phacoemulsification surgery.J Cataract Refract Surg. 1998; 24: 1413-1415
- A survey about phacoemulsification incision thermal contraction incidence and causal relationships.Am J Ophthalmol. 2006; 141: 222-224
- The phacoemulsification procedure. III. Corneal complications.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1977; 16: 39-46
- Effect of incisional friction and ophthalmic viscosurgical devices on the heat generation of ultrasound during cataract surgery.J Cataract Refract Surg. 2006; 32: 1222-1226
Zoghby J, Cohen KL. Phacoemulsification-related corneal incision contracture [Internet]. 2012. Available from: https://www.aao.org/eyenet/article/phacoemulsification-related-corneal-incision-contr (accessed May 27, 2022).
- The phacoemulsification procedure. II. Corneal endothelial changes.Invest Ophthalmol. 1976; 15: 458-469
- Heat production: longitudinal versus torsional phacoemulsification.J Cataract Refract Surg. 2009; 35: 1799-1805
- Thermal study of longitudinal and torsional ultrasound phacoemulsification: tracking the temperature of the corneal surface, incision, and handpiece.J Cataract Refract Surg. 2010; 36: 832-837
- Comparison of the thermal effect on clear corneal incisions during phacoemulsification with different generation machines.Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging. 2004; 35: 364-370
- Temperature in the anterior chamber during phacoemulsification.J Cataract Refract Surg. 2014; 40: 805-810
- Thermal study of bare tips with various system parameters and incision sizes.J Cataract Refract Surg. 2006; 32: 867-872
- Legacy AdvanTec and Sovereign WhiteStar: a wound temperature study.J Cataract Refract Surg. 2004; 30: 1109-1113
- Comparison of thermal features associated with 2 phacoemulsification machines.J Cataract Refract Surg. 2006; 32: 288-293
- Quantitative thermographic analysis of viscoelastic substances in an experimental study in rabbits.J Cataract Refract Surg. 2006; 32: 137-140
- Ultrasonic transmission in viscoelastic substances.J Cataract Refract Surg. 2000; 26: 282-286
- Dispersive-cohesive viscoelastic soft shell technique.J Cataract Refract Surg. 1999; 25: 167-173
- HEALON5 and corneal wound burn during phacoemulsification.J Cataract Refract Surg. 2007; 33 (author reply, 754–5): 754
- Efficacy of ophthalmic viscosurgical devices in preventing temperature rise at the corneal endothelium during phacoemulsification.Curr Eye Res. 2016; 41: 1548-1552
Brinkmann R, Kampmeier J, Grotehusmann U, Koop N, Asiyo-Vogel M, Birngruber R. Corneal collagen denaturization in laser thermokeratoplasty (Proc SPIE 2681, E-Abstract doi: 10.1117/12.239611). Paper presented at the Annual Conference of the International Society for Optics and Photonics, May 7, 1996, San Jose, Calif.
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
This research was presented at the annual American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Conference in Boston, Mass., in May of 2020 (paper session). This research also was presented at the University of Utah School of Medicine Medical Student Research Forum in Salt Lake City, Utah, in October of 2019 (poster presentation).