Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology
- Ocular injury in the United States: emergency department visits from 2006–2011.Injury. 2016; 47: 104-108
- Emergency department visit rates by selected characteristics: United States, 2018.NCHS Data Brief. 2021; : 1-8
- Epidemiology of eye-related emergency department visits.JAMA Ophthalmol. 2016; 134: 312-319
- LO13: Eye care in the emergency department: what proportion of patients presenting to the emergency department with isolated eye related complaints could alternatively be seen by an optometrist?.CJEM. 2018; 20: S11https://doi.org/10.1017/cem.2018.75
Canadian Institute for Health Information. Hospital spending: focus on the emergency department [Internet]. Oct. 2022. Available at: www.cihi.ca/sites/default/files/document/hospital-spending-highlights-2020-en.pdf (accessed Nov. 9, 2022).
- Ophthalmic referrals from emergency wards: a study of cases referred for urgent eye care (the R.E.S.C.U.E study).Can J Ophthalmol. 2016; 51: 174-179
- Ophthalmology referrals from optometry: a comparative study (the R.O.C.S study).Can J Ophthalmol. 2018; 53: 491-496
- Accuracy of referral diagnosis to an emergency eye clinic.Can J Ophthalmol. 2017; 52: 283-286
- Prospective analysis of emergency ophthalmic referrals in a Canadian tertiary teaching hospital.Can J Ophthalmol. 2018; 53: 497-502
- The prevalence of age-related eye diseases and visual impairment in aging: current estimates.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013; 54 (ORSF5–13)
- Training in and comfort with diagnosis and management of ophthalmic emergencies among emergency medicine physicians in the United States.Eye (Lond). 2020; 34: 1504-1511
- Optometrist referrals to an emergency ophthalmology department: a retrospective review to identify current practise and development of shared care working strategies, in England.Eye (Lond). 2021; 35: 1340-1346
- An evaluation of optometrists’ ability to correctly identify and manage patients with ocular disease in the accident and emergency department of an eye hospital.Br J Ophthalmol. 2007; 91: 437-440
- Ophthalmology training and competency levels in care of patients with ophthalmic complaints in United States internal medicine, emergency medicine and family medicine residents.J Educ Eval Health Prof. 2019; 16: 25
- Primary care assessment of orbital trauma at a level 1 trauma centre.Can J Ophthalmol. 2021; 56: 118-123
- Surveillance of sight loss due to delay in ophthalmic treatment or review: frequency, cause and outcome.Eye (Lond). 2017; 31: 771-775
- Review of referrals reveal the impact of referral content on the triage and management of ophthalmology wait lists.BMJ Open. 2021; 11e047246
- Commissaire à la santé et au bien-être (CSBE) Apprendre des meilleurs: Étude comparative des urgences du Québec.Government of Quebec, Québec2016
CIUSSS West-Central Montreal. Fees for medical services. Jewish General Hospital. Updated June 17, 2022. Accessed October 27, 2022. Available at: www.jgh.ca/about-us/fees-for-medical-services/.
Optometric Services. Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec [Internet]. Updated 2020. Available at: www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/citizens/health-insurance/optometric-services (accessed November 29, 2022).