Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology
- Comparison of an interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome clinical cohort with symptomatic community women from the RAND interstitial cystitis epidemiology study.J Urol. 2012; 187: 508-512
- Pigmentary maculopathy associated with chronic exposure to pentosan polysulfate sodium.Ophthalmology. 2018; 125: 1793-1802
- Phenotypic spectrum of pentosan polysulfate sodium–associated maculopathy: a multicenter study.JAMA Ophthalmol. 2019; 137: 1275-1282
- Strength of association between pentosan polysulfate and a novel maculopathy.Ophthalmology. 2019; 126: 1464-1466
- From bladder pain to blurry vision: pentosan polysulfate sodium and the development of a novel maculopathy.Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging Retina. 2020; 51: 674-677
- Pentosan-associated maculopathy: prevalence, screening guidelines, and spectrum of findings based on prospective multimodal analysis.Can J Ophthalmol. 2020; 55: 116-125
- Pentosan polysulfate maculopathy: prevalence, spectrum of disease, and choroidal imaging analysis based on prospective screening.Am J Ophthalmol. 2021; 227: 125-138
- Redefining the spectrum of pentosan polysulfate retinopathy: multimodal imaging findings from a cross-sectional screening study.Ophthalmol Retina. 2022; 6: 835-846
- Choroidal neovascularization associated with pentosan polysulfate toxicity.Ophthalmol Retina. 2020; 4: 111-113
- Pentosan polysulfate sodium–induced pigmentary maculopathy with non-leaking cystoid macular edema successfully treated with anti-VEGF therapy.Retin Cases Brief Rep. 2022; 16: 482-485
- Pigmentary maculopathy associated with chronic exposure to pentosan polysulfate sodium (Ophthalmology. 2018;125:1793–802).Ophthalmology. 2019; 126: e51
- Pentosan polysulfate maculopathy versus age-related macular degeneration: comparative assessment with multimodal imaging.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2020; 61: 1062
- Expanded clinical spectrum of pentosan polysulfate maculopathy: a Macula Society collaborative study.Ophthalmol Retina. 2022; 6: 219-227
- Pentosan polysulfate sodium–associated maculopathy: early detection using OCT angiography and choriocapillaris flow deficit analysis.Am J Ophthalmol. 2022; 244: 38-47
- Prevalence of maculopathy associated with long-term pentosan polysulfate therapy.Ophthalmology. 2020; 127: 835-836
Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. ELMIRON –100 mg (pentosan polysulfate sodium) capsules prescribing information. Washington: FDA. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2020/020193s014lbl.pdf
Pentosan polysulfate maculopathy. EyeWiki [Internet]. Available at: https://eyewiki.aao.org/Pentosan_Polysulfate_Maculopathy (accessed April 1, 2022).
Shah R, Jain N. Pentosan polysulfate maculopathy. Retinal Physician [Internet]. 2019. Available at: www.retinalphysician.com/issues/2019/september-2019/pentosan-polysulfate-maculopathy (accessed July 1, 2022).
- Maculopathy secondary to pentosan polysulfate use: a single-center experience.Clin Ophthalmol. 2021; 15: 513
- Identification of patients with pentosan polysulfate sodium–associated maculopathy through screening of the electronic medical record at an academic center.J Ophthalmol. 2020; 20208866961
- Pentosan polysulfate–associated macular disease in patients with interstitial cystitis.Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 135: 1091-1094
- Pentosan polysulfate maculopathy: what urologists should know in 2020.Urology. 2021; 147: 109-118
- Possible drug-induced, vision-threatening maculopathy secondary to chronic pentosan polysulfate sodium (Elmiron) exposure.Can Urol Assoc J. 2020; 14: 10
- Prescriber response to computerized drug alerts for electronic prescriptions among hospitalized patients.Int J Med Inform. 2017; 107: 70-75
- Clinical decision support systems could be modified to reduce “alert fatigue” while still minimizing the risk of litigation.Health Aff (Millwood). 2011; 30: 2310-2317
- Focus on clinical research informatics: evaluating alert fatigue over time to EHR-based clinical trial alerts: findings from a randomized controlled study.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2012; 19: e145
- Primary care provider adherence to an alert for intensification of diabetes blood pressure medications before and after the addition of a “chart closure” hard stop.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2018; 25: 1167-1174
- Reducing alert fatigue by sharing low-level alerts with patients and enhancing collaborative decision making using blockchain technology: scoping review and proposed framework (MedAlert).J Med Internet Res. 2020; 22: e22013
- EHR-related alert fatigue: minimal progress to date, but much more can be done.BMJ Qual Saf. 2019; 28: 1-2
- Reducing alert burden in electronic health records: state of the art recommendations from four health systems.Appl Clin Inform. 2020; 11: 1-12
- Electronic health record alert–related workload as a predictor of burnout in primary care providers.Appl Clin Inform. 2017; 8: 686
- Association of macular disease with long-term use of pentosan polysulfate sodium: findings from a US cohort.Br J Ophthalmol. 2020; 104: 1093-1097
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
This work was presented at the Annual Meeting of the Association for Research and Vision in Ophthalmology (ARVO), Denver, CO, May 1–4, 2022.